Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Learning the Hardway

For most of my life I've been that person that has to learn things the hard way.

I'm not sure if it's because I refuse to accept defeat OR I still walk through life thinking most people can't really be all that bad.

For the first time in my "writing" life, I was forced to confront the fact that some people may not be helping you out or working with you, out of the kindness of their hearts.

This doesn't mean that I can't conquer and overcome, it doesn't mean I won't continue to write and publish. It's just a tiny set back in a profession full of rejection and discourse. 

I learned something this past week, there is always another way to chase success. If you can attain it once, you can run it down, beat it over the head and claim it again.

Work on the novel is going slowly, I've had a lot to process and think over the last few days. No matter what obstacles other throw, I can't and won't lose my love of the craft and my eternal passion for the story.

No comments:

Post a Comment