Tuesday, February 28, 2012

May the Muse Keep Screaming

 I find myself in an awkward position. Now most creators are blissful at the thought of non stop ideas and imagery flowing through their brain at a gazillion miles per hour. I of course  am no exception. I will say all this awesome brain data has come to  a screeching halt. Outside influence has beaten my creator voice into submission. I've got four simultaneous projects I'm working on, two emerging from their planning cocoons and at least three other ideas/ future projects in note form ready  to take off once the others are finished. All of this, the entire amazing goodness has come off the rails. Outside influence just stepped up  and kicked me in the ass. All my beautiful babies now sit on my desk or in my writing bag (mobile creation unit) giving me sad puppy dog eyes  and  asking me "why don't you love me anymore."
I know the solution to this is to run a muck with a cement filled pipe.....errrrr. I mean separate myself from outside issues, lock myself indoors with The  Muse and say fuck all to everything else. I honestly wish my brain was programed to do such. What I'm going to HAVE to do is this; face the issues, develop a solution. Cry,wail, kick, punch, or laugh at the result. Man up and face the shit storm. Once I've come to terms with whatever outcome develops, then I will hear the voice of my Muse sing true. The creative monsters of the universe; writers, actors, musicians and (insert creative form here) often find themselves going absolutely ape shit when the real world intrudes with it's demands. We tend to turn this anger  and moodiness on those closest to us. Those special unicorn folks that honestly love us insane creator types. They face the abyss head on and sometimes poke it right in the freaking eye. Thank (insert whatever deity you wish) for that steel cord keeping us tethered in this universe. This too shall pass and I will again find myself reveling in the insanity of too much work, too many ideas and not enough time in the day to get it all done. Have you ever thought about all the brilliant creators, whose light went out too early be it their own hand or others? Find your steel cord and hang on to it with all your strength. Let them keep you grounded. Allow them to be your anchor in that storm going on inside your head. When the hurricane passes and you're still standing, don't forget to say thank you.


No comments:

Post a Comment