Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Voices In The Head

   Another San Diego Comic Con has come and gone. It looks like there were some amazing creator types living it up last week. Can’t wait to take a look at the projects they are stewing over.

I’m starting a new partnership with an editor. I think we both travel along a similar wavelength and I see great things for us both in the future. An excellent benefit is she lives just a few hours away, so we will be able to communicate at great length.
 Books, Comics and other writing creations are a cumulative effort of the many. To give birth to your idea and have it fully grown and ready to stand on its own, you have to have an excellent team behind you. Everyone from your family to those who work in the creation biz, to the terrified people on planes you explain your ideas too; leave an imprint on your work. The help make it strong and interesting enough for others to want to invest their time and emotions.
Autumn Painted Red is out and is available from Asylum Ink. It’s great to see this project completed.
The last few days have been spent in the joyous haze of finding new and inspiring authors and devouring their work.
I shall resume work on Keepers this weekend.
Another anthology still in the works is titled; The Final Migration, mine and a group of talented creators take on the zombie apocalypse.  I’ve read the material and I have to admit I’m pretty excited to see a different slant on the ever popular monster. I enjoyed the Hell out of writing my pieces for that book.
As ever “LIFE” continues to try and interrupt my writing, working as a lawman drains almost every drop of energy and humanity. 
Thankfully the voices in my head refuse to allow THAT itty bitty issue to stop their persistent screams.
Good news is, lawman work has finally been lassoed and drugged to within an inch of its life. This should mean more creative output from me AND more networking updates.  

No comments:

Post a Comment