Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Sensitive Beasts

What  does it say about humans when they de-claw and de-fang all the Big Bads?

Our Monsters represent an outlet to deal with the most basic deep rooted fears. I've watched countless people pontificate on what stressors each creature represents.

What does it mean when you take these magnificent beings and make them sexless, bloodless cuddly white knights.....

As a Monster lover I can't fathom the reasoning behind this.

Each individual must have an outlet to blow off steam,  something to help quell that never ending fear that drowns each day of life. To plug that outlet on purpose, to me, is tantamount to mental suicide.

I will continue to create creatures with fangs and rage, beings that won't monologue with their food.
I shall swim in the seas of blood and terror as happily as if I myself were monstrous.

For those who wish their Monsters to be saviors, I am not the creator for you. No chaste sparkly vampires, no angst ridden werewolves or ghosts striving to help you down your path.

Here these beasts may live as they should, tearing your sanity and slurping up your soul. Inspiring and reaping the terror, unease and  fear they produce.

I don't have an answer to the question I posed earlier. To me there is no logical explanation for such things. I refuse to dissect humans' mental  coping mechanisms, on the grounds that I really don't give a shit.

I do invite you to join me on my side of the fence. Tread carefully, here there be  dragons....and they really will eat your face. 

2 comments:

  1. Stephenie Meyer never read a vampire book or saw a vampire movie before she wrote Twilight. Her vampires sparkle in the sun and the "good" vampires only kill bad people. Whatever. My Zxxtergin monsters kill humans. Period. It doesn't matter if you're good or bad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm right there with you. Vampires are monsters. They're cold-blooded killers, regardless of whatever existential angst might come with it. Glitter is for unicorns. Enough said.

    ReplyDelete