Thursday, May 17, 2012

Unleashing Cutter

Here I am in the final throws of bringing Cutter to life. The step of creating a cover for his introduction to the world has me stuck in pause. I see him, I've listened to John Cutter's story and find my world tied to his. As the writer on this adventure it is absolutely my responsibility to present him, showing all his vulnerabilities as well as his complete bad- assedness. To describe this for an artist / illustrator is proving difficult. I'm not happy with anything I write.

I've got the scene, I know what's in the background, I know it like the back of my hand. I know where Cutter is standing and I know what he's doing. I believe this is the point where you have to trust your artist. With all the trepidation of a new mother I just need  to hand over my special child and let the team have their way with it.


1 comment:

  1. Hang in there, missy..We`ll see what we can do

    ReplyDelete